The WWE Universe on Facebook
Best Use of Facebook: The WWE Universe on Facebook
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
With more than 23.7 million total likes, WWE’s Facebook Fan Page (http://fb.me/WWE) acts as a central nervous system for the WWE Universe, and the hub for WWE's network of Facebook Pages, with a combined following of 316 million total likes.
WWE's network of Facebook Pages offers breaking news, insightful articles on Superstar & Divas, polling, contests and much more, making it a must-follow for any WWE fan.
The goal of WWE’s flagship Facebook Page is to offer one location for all of a WWE fan’s needs, but our network of Pages provides the Facebook user more opportunity to define their news feed with information on their favorite specific Superstars and WWE TV programs by following the appropriate Facebook Page in the network.
- If our Facebook followers want the latest exclusive backstage photos and news from John Cena, they can follow Cena's Facebook page (http://fb.me/johncena) for the best candid shots from Cena's Instagram and Twitter accounts, plus photos and videos from his latest matches, and updates on his newest merchandise.
- Want a preview of tonight's live WWE Monday Night Raw episode? Follow WWE Raw on Facebook for the latest updates and main event happenings.
- Want to become the next big WWE Superstar? Go to WWE's developmental program WWE NXT and WWE Performance Center Facebook Pages for details on how to make your dream come true.
In all, WWE's Facebook Page network allows our worldwide fan base to get the latest updates in the way they choose, from the WWE news sources they prefer, in both an informative and entertaining way via content and updates created by the WWE Social Media team and the WWE Superstars and Divas themselves.
In total, WWE’s main Facebook page has 23.7 million fans with more followers than major brands such as: HBO, Nike, UFC, Chanel, Budweiser, Adidas, Yahoo, Mercedes Benz, Playboy, ESPN.
WWE ranked 3rd in total followers of sports brands on Facebook (behind NBA and FIFA World Cup), No. 19 “Most Talked About” brand page on Facebook, 10th most followed sports team/league on Facebook and No. 52 most followed brand page overall on Facebook. (FanPageList.com, Dec. 8, 2014)
WWE Superstars and Divas are some of the most popular celebrities on the Internet and social media. 28 of the Top 100 most followed athletes on Facebook are WWE Superstars. (FanPageList.com, Dec. 2014)
In addition, WWE's Social Media Team efforts have led to the following measurement and results in 2014:
- WWE is the most influential sports brand in social media, as ranked by Klout. We are one of only 12 brands/celebrities with a perfect 99 Klout rating.
- WWE is ranked No. 6 amongst the Most Social Brands in the World, in the weekly Dachis Group / Spinklr Social Business Index rankings. (http://socialbusinessindex.com)
- WWE has the most social TV shows on two different TV networks (WWE RAW on USA Network, WWE SmackDown on Syfy) (source: SocialGuide)
- WWE Raw was one of the Top 5 most socially active prime-time TV series of 2012 and 2013. (source: SocialGuide)
WWE’s flagship Facebook Page has 23 million fans. 9.2 million fans were added over the past year to the Page, a yearly growth of 64.33%.
WWE’s Facebook page network of 134 Pages has a combined following of 316,742,797 fans. WWE’s Facebook page network added 164 million fans in the past 12 months (108.68% YOY growth).
WWE’s network of Facebook Pages has more combined followers than either Major League Baseball and its 30 teams’ Pages or the National Football League and its 32 teams’ Pages combined.
John Cena is the No. 6 most-followed athlete in the world on Facebook, the No. 2 most-followed active American athlete behind The Rock. He’s the #1 most-followed active American athlete. Cena has more followers than any athlete from NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, NASCAR, PGA or UFC.·
Posts from WWE's main Facebook Page were seen more than 5.1 BILLION times in 2013.