Best Branded Twitter: WWE on Twitter
2014 Mashies: Best Branded Twitter: WWE on Twitter
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
With more than 4.6 million total followers, the WWE Twitter account acts the main source of breaking news and like-minded conversation for the WWE Universe.
The account page offers live coverage of WWE's live TV shows WWE Monday Night Raw and WWE Main Event, WWE's monthly pay-per-views, insightful features on Superstar & Divas, historical look-backs at more than 50 years of WWE history, user-generated content contests and much more, making it a must-follow for any WWE fan.
STRATEGY & TACTICS
WWE's complete Twitter network features more than 180 Twitter accounts, including one for every WWE Superstar and Diva -- controlled personally by the talent themselves -- and 35 WWE-controlled accounts that cover TV programs, initiatives and sub-brands.
WWE's Twitter network currently has more than 88 million combined followers, growing 30% in the past year.
By offering the WWE Universe both a one-stop shop for diverse WWE content and breaking news, plus one-on-one channels to their favorite personalities, WWE creates an passionate army of social evangelists and enthusiasts who share WWW’s messaging globally.
But, by also using @WWE to lead online discussion on Twitter during WWE TV programming, we help focus, direct and increase social conversation through a variety of initiatives, helping make our shows tops in Social TV every week, creating "second screen" storylines that transpire during the week and often during our programming's on-air proceedings.
- With more than 4.6 million Twitter followers of its flagship account, WWE has more Twitter followers than the following major brands: Huffington Post, MLB, Disney, Martha Stewart, Nickelodeon, the Olympics, Coke, Victoria’s Secret, Pepsi, Wired, Reuters, Xbox, Intel, and NHL.
- WWE is the No. 39 most followed brand on Twitter. (FanPageList.com, September 7, 2014)
- WWE is the No. 6 most followed sports team/league on Twitter. (FanPageList.com, September 7, 2014)
- WWE is the No. 5 most followed sports brand on Twitter. (FanPageList.com, September 7, 2014)
- 21 WWE Superstars have Twitter followings of more than 1,000,000 followers. (The Rock, John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, The Miz, Zack Ryder, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Kofi Kingston, A.J. Lee, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Triple H, Dolph Ziggler, Jim Ross, The Bella Twins, R-Truth, Jerry Lawler).
- 45 WWE Superstars have more than 500,000 followers.
- 84 WWE Superstars have more than 100,000 followers.
In addition, WWE's Social Media Team efforts have led to the following results in 2013:
- WWE has the most social TV shows on two different TV networks (WWE RAW on USA Network, WWE SmackDown on Syfy) (source: SocialGuide)
- WWE and its Superstars have more than 1.3 million social mentions per week, with our shows WWE Raw and WWE SmackDown frequently No. 1 in social media mentions for both broadcast and cable television on their air dates. (SocialGuide)
- WWE is tied as the most influential brand in social media, as ranked by Klout. We are one of only 14 brands/celebrities with a perfect 99 Klout rating.
- WWE is ranked amongst the Top 8 Most Social Brands in the World, in the weekly Sprinklr / Dachis Group Social Business Index rankings. (socialbusinessindex.com)
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Miami, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.