Best Use of Facebook: WWE on Facebook
2014 PR Daily Social Media Awards
Best Use of Facebook: WWE on Facebook
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
With more than 21 million total likes, WWE’s Facebook Fan Page (http://fb.me/WWE) acts as a central nervous system for the WWE Universe. The Fan page offers breaking news, insightful articles on Superstar & Divas, Fan Polls, Photo Contents and much more, making it a must have to any WWE fan.
The goal of WWE’s fan page is to offer one location for all of a WWE fan’s needs. Want to see the latest WWE News? Go to the WWE Facebook page for the latest photos, videos and results from WWE Raw, SmackDown and pay-per-view events.
Want to see the latest exclusive backstage photos? Go to the WWE Facebook page for the best candid shots from WWE Superstars' personal Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Want to become the next big WWE NXT Superstar? Go to the WWE Facebook page for details.
By offering the WWE Universe a one-stop shop for content and news, WWE has created an army of social evangelists and enthusiasts who continue to share WWW’s messaging globally.
In total, WWE’s main Facebook page has 21.1 million fans with more followers than major brands such as: HBO, Nike, UFC, Chanel, Budweiser, Adidas, Yahoo, Mercedes Benz, Playboy, ESPN.
WWE ranked 3rd in total followers of sports brands on Facebook (behind NBA and FIFA World Cup), No. 8 “Most Talked About” brand page on Facebook, 9th most followed sports team/league on Facebook and No. 52 most followed brand page on Facebook. (FanPageList.com, August 7, 2014)
In addition, WWE's Social Media Team efforts have led to the following results in 2013:
- WWE is the most influential sports brand in social media, as ranked by Klout. We are one of only 14 brands/celebrities with a perfect 99 Klout rating.
- WWE is ranked amongst the Top 10 Most Social Brands in the World, in the weekly Dachis Group Social Business Index rankings. (socialbusinessindex.com)
- WWE has the most social TV shows on three different TV networks (WWE RAW on USA Network, WWE Main Event on ION TV, WWE SmackDown on Syfy) (source: SocialGuide)
- WWE Raw was one of the Top 5 most socially active primetime TV series of 2013. (source: SocialGuide)
- In an April 2013 study by Nestivity, WWE was ranked amongst the Top 25 Most Engaging Brands on Twitter.
- WWE and its Superstars have more than 1.3 million social mentions per week, with our shows WWE Raw and WWE SmackDown frequently No. 1 in social media mentions for both broadcast and cable television on their air dates. (Trendrr)
- WWE's Facebook network, which includes 157 Superstar and brand pages, saw a 79% percent followership gain from 2012 to 2013 with a combined following of 151.7 million Facebook fans.
- With more than 18 million followers, John Cena is the No. 7 most-followed athlete in the world on Facebook, and the No. 1 most-followed American athlete. He has has more followers than any athlete from the NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, NASCAR, PGA or UFC.
- 25 WWE Superstars rank in the Top 100 most-followed athletes on Facebook.
- Posts from WWE's main Facebook Page were seen more than 5.1 BILLION times in 2013.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 150 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Miami, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.